The pastor from Blackhawk Church gave a sermon in Honduras about transition. He said that transition is never easy, but it is a part of life. He used a plant in Honduras as an example. The plant is planted, but then cut smaller, because the smaller it is the deeper the roots grow. So it keeps being cut so that the roots grow deeper. It is at our lowest that we do the most growing. What a cool visual for life!
I spent two weeks in Honduras and built some great relationships. I will most likely never talk to the kids that I became so attached to in Orica ever again. I struggle with this idea of leaving or ending relationships, but I am slowly learning to embrace it. Life is a series of encounters with new and different people that can last a day or years, but each has the ability to affect us and shape us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment